Jack is truly an inspiration, but really hard to describe.
For years he worked as a visual designer in an agency, but then eventually went solo. As he was about to burn out, he became a course creator and became very successful, very fast.
It’s hard to look at what Jack Butcher has done and is doing and draw up a playbook. For me, it comes down to one thing:
When you look at what Jack has done just in the last 2-3 years, it’s really hard to believe his success was held at bay for nearly the decade before. But there truly is a time and a place for everyone and all that burnout agency work has paid off.
To my observation, it’s gone like this:
- Share ideas and singular visual work on Twitter and get traction
- Get invited onto podcasts and earn authority and followers
- Package up learnings into high-quality courses; Build Once, Sell Twice is his flagship course
- Be helpful and friendly and a model of integrity
- Be open to ideas; at the end of ’22 he was building additional traffic through SEO after not paying any attention to it previously
- Pay attention to NFTs and think deeply about the possibilities and leverage his following to magnify the potential (e.g. the Checks project)
- and iterate.
For me, the playbook is to build a following of like-minded or interesting people and be endlessly curious with them.
I don’t think you or I can replicate this quite in the same way. Jack is singular and he truly has a personal monopoly.
Actually, I think he has two or three simultaneous monopolies.
This is a partial list.
- Mighty Networks
- Create your online store today with Shopify USA
- Hypefury - Schedule & Automate Social Media Marketing
- Create new content seamlessly
- Grow your audience
- Grow your email list
- Sell more products.
Your personal assistant to grow & monetize your Twitter audience.
Using the best techniques used by Twitter OG’s, and turned them into an app:
I earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.